Logo Usage Policy and Request Procedures
This document provides the policies related to the display and usage of the Heart of Illinois Skating Club logo, and the procedures to request approval for using the logo for the purposes of self-procured club wear and merchandise. The HOISC Logo may only be used pursuant to the guidelines in this document. Any use that falls outside what is outlined below is strictly prohibited. Questions related to the content of this policy or its interpretation should be directed to the HOISC Board of Directors.
1. The HOISC Logo must be used as provided, and may not be copied, replicated, imitated, redrawn, changed or have the aspect ratio altered in any way.
2. The logo must only appear in a horizontal position.
3. To properly stage the logo,
When used on articles of clothing or merchandise, a minimum clearance of ¼ the size of the logo must be maintained from the upper and lower edge, and on either side of the logo from the visible edges of the garment/object.
When used within the context of advertising, sponsorship, or endorsement (only when approved by the HOISC Board), a minimum clearance of one full length the size of the logo must be maintained from the upper and lower edge, and on either side of the logo from any other object, logo, text, icon, or edge of the item on which the logo is printed.
4. When used on articles of clothing or merchandise, the logo must stand alone, and may not be combined with any other object, including but not limited to other logos, words, graphics, photos, slogans, numbers, design features or symbols. The logo must never be used to represent the word HOISC in text.
5. The logo must never appear with any other symbol or icon, contained within a circle, box, or other shape, or combined with any other name, logo or icon used to create a co-branded logo.
6. The HOISC Logo may not be used in any manner that would imply that any non-HOISC goods, services or websites are sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with HOISC without express written permission of the HOISC board.
7. The logo may not be used in a manner that would disparage HOISC or its products or services.
8. The logo may not be used in messaging that communicates in bad faith, in poor taste, or in any way intended to be insulting, disparaging, bullying or sarcastic in nature.
9. The HOISC Logo may only be displayed as a primary or prominent branding feature on merchandise with prior approval by the HOISC Board of Directors based on a request specific to the article of clothing or object on which the logo is to be placed (sewn, printed, embroidered, etc).
10. Approval from the HOISC Board applies exclusively to the items submitted in the request, and at the time of the official request. The approval does not grant the requestor the authority to use the HOISC Logo for any equivalent or similar items procured at a later date.
Requests for Logo Usage Approval
A request for approval to use the HOISC Logo on articles of clothing or merchandise may be submitted to the HOISC Board of Directors by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) a picture of the articles/merchandise, along with a description of the size, intended placement of the logo, any color variations requested, and with any other information pertinent to the request. The request will be reviewed by the board at the next scheduled monthly meeting. If approved, the requestor will be notified, and will be informed of next steps (authorized service provider, etc).